Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Mickey on the brain

I can't believe I haven't updated in like a week and a half or whatever. *sigh* Thanks for the reminder, Laura. ;) Guess life's just been getting in the way a lot lately. Trying to rebuild some sembelance of a schedule here. Seems like a weird winter. All I seem to do is work and clean and sleep lately. Weekends are nice but i don't ever feel rested at all. LOL... plus i haven't been finding any time to scrap. Boo-hiss!!!!

Onto better news... i've spontaneously exploded with disneymania. I have talked Kurt into taking us to Disneyland in May (target dates May 1-8, 7 days)!!! We haven't booked yet but after doing extensive research (thanks, Annette :)) I am pretty sure this will be the cheapest and best time for us to go. It will be far enough ahead of when school gets out (school ends 3rd week of May) for me to not feel guilty for taking Orion out of school. Also, I have to do some work travel around the state the last weekish of April so couldn't go then... and it'll give me a nice long break from the office. Muhahhahahaa! Booking in March/early April was out of the question. The airfare and hotel prices were insane. June was too late I fear and more crowded at Disneyland I'm sure... and probably too hot for this long time Alaskan. I must've searched every day for the best rates on tickets/hotel. It's "Kids Fly Free" on Alaska Airlines so we will probably get our airline tickets for about $2000 (2 adults and 2 kids... and Marissa can ride on my lap I'm sure) and the hotel and DL park hopper tickets for another $1800. Eeeeeee! So can't afford it out of pocket... But I just estimated the tax return and it will hopefully support at least half of the trip. The plastic will just have to be tarnished a little bit more. *sigh*

I don't know what came over me. I just got a hair up my @$$ if you know what I mean. We don't travel often. Kurt is a cranky traveler and pretty much a homebody. I, on the other hand, LOVE to travel and do every chance I get (not often). Yes, i get a little cranky when the trip's not going my way--- but for the most part, I handle things in a more relaxed manner. Let's not get started on that whole topic. I could write for days. hehe. So I said i wanted to go to Disneyland. Never been and i'm really psyched! I've truly always envisioned going to Disney World but that seems really scary to me at this time in my life. Kids are young, infant in tow... a vast vast land of unknown territory... scary. Not sure I could come out of Florida alive.

Everyone we've told we wanted to go has been surprised that we want to take Marissa. It was actually my idea. Kurt was a little surprised, too. I know... taking a 13 month old to Disneyland is probably not the GREATEST route to a great time but i don't care. I could easily talk my mom into taking time off work to watch Marissa while we go but what's the fun in that? This is a family vacation. Last time I checked, she was part of that. It may not be memorable to her but it'll be memorable to us. Does that make sense? It's going to be hard. I'm not delusional. We may not be able to go on the rides all together but at least *we* will be together. ;)

I have thrown some "hinty" invitations out to both grandmas but neither has taken the bait. It would be nice to have more adults in the family there with us. Kurt had spoken with his mom (in NY) last weekend and I guess she didn't seem really interested. I think probably due to her fear of flying. My mom scoffed at me a little bit but I am going to ask her one more time in case she needed time to think it over... don't want to leave her out or she might get P.O'ed at me. heheheh.

I'm excited if you can't tell. Been researching a lot as i want to be prepared. :)

Well... not much else new to report. Just been busy trying to keep it all together. I need to go do a bunch of stuff before I hit the sack. I need to put more pictures on my boring little blog here. For now, here is something from my gallery at SA:



The Snowman [Slippery Slope Kit/OD]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Disney Land!! How fun! And I don't blame you for wanting to take Marissa - she is family after all!
How exciting. It's so fun to plan trips like that and it gives you something to look forward to. I'm sure you could find one or two So Cal SA peeps to meet you if you can't find other adults. lol Shoot, I'd go!
Definitely sounds like you've done your research so I'll let the last week+ of not updating slide ;)
Have a great weekend Monica!

1/25/2007 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home