9 out of 10 dentists prefer...
I was so worried today about my dentist appointment because my teeth have gone way downhill since they saw me before getting pregnant with Marissa. My dentist and I had a huge treatment plan worked up before of course and i needed a lot of work but put it to the side since i was preggo. And yes, my teeth have gotten a LOT worse since then as i figured it would (you know, posts falling out, teeth breaking, fillings breaking, the whole nine, LOL). Anyway, i went in there thinking i was going to get reamed and come out feeling all ashamed and so forth. It's not that they have ever really made me feel bad but sometimes the hygenists do make me feel like scum because they are the ones that have the job to explain all the stuff about what i've been doing to my teeth and then I feel guilty (as I rightfully should feel guilty!!). But today, i only got the small lecture on soda-drinking. phew. I was glad they said i was doing a good job brushing at least. LOL! She didn't have time to clean them though so still gotta get that done. And of course, stop drinking so much soda. Wah!
The dentist was great as always. It was actually his day off and I was supposed to be seen by his partner but he came in for a cleaning himself so he did my exam since they were backed up. Yay! Now i have "phase one" appointments set up to save my front top teeth. I guess if I had waited another 6 months, it might've been too late. Also a referral to the oral surg for wisdom extraction and another tooth extraction... and of course a bunch of other "to-dos". They prescribed this new mouthwash (i think it's new because where the heck was it 10 years ago when i started having so many problems?). This stuff is supposed to slow the decay because it kills ALL the bacteria in your mouth. I am hoping it does the job so that I don't end up with a partial on top. I can deal with root canals and crowns but i am not looking forward to being able to remove my teeth quite yet.
The dentist was great as always. It was actually his day off and I was supposed to be seen by his partner but he came in for a cleaning himself so he did my exam since they were backed up. Yay! Now i have "phase one" appointments set up to save my front top teeth. I guess if I had waited another 6 months, it might've been too late. Also a referral to the oral surg for wisdom extraction and another tooth extraction... and of course a bunch of other "to-dos". They prescribed this new mouthwash (i think it's new because where the heck was it 10 years ago when i started having so many problems?). This stuff is supposed to slow the decay because it kills ALL the bacteria in your mouth. I am hoping it does the job so that I don't end up with a partial on top. I can deal with root canals and crowns but i am not looking forward to being able to remove my teeth quite yet.




1 Comments:
I'm glad things didn't go as bad as you expected at the dentist Monica! Hope it all works out for you! So what's this new mouthwash? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home