Thursday, June 7, 2007

wah wah wah

Ooooo ----- my tummy is aching tonight! I decided to take Orion and Gia bowling as a surprise tonight after work and ended up with a stomach ache from the bowling alley food! Serves me right! LOL! They hadn't had dinner and it was like 8:00 so we go up to the snack bar and i must have cheddar on the brain because I proceeded to order nachos, pretzel with cheese, and cheese fries! Not once thinking, "Geez, Mom... could we pump some more fat in your derierre?" LOL! Needless to say, the cheese did not do me right. I'm a hurtin'!

Bowling was still fun until the last 2 frames of the 3rd game! I haven't been in ages because nobody I know likes bowling... plus the bowling place is the only one in town (except for the one on post) so the league players hog it up and everytime I have called to ask if there was open bowling, there wasn't. Luckily tonight there was. We started out bowling the good ol' fashioned way. I had a 10 lb ball which was way too light so I switched to a 13 that was in the ball return and it was a smidge too heavy after one game. Ended up with a 12 lb. which was just right. The kids had the lightest balls - 6 pounders. Their first frame went well and each of them got like 5 or 6 pins down but then it went downhill (gutter after gutter) and Orion started whining about how he hated bowling. LOL! I swear this kid hates everything. Gia, surprisingly kept an upbeat attitude and was high fiving me and wishing me luck on my turns. She makes the same face as I do when she misses the pins. It was funny. After a good part of the first game, I went and asked for a ramp for the kids. Orion then started to have a good time when he could hit some pins. Man, what a spoiled sport. Gia didn't use the ramp every time like he did... she wanted to bowl like Mommy. :) I showed her how to put the ball under and then roll and she was pretty darn good if she could get it straight!

Anywho, I had a craptastic day at work. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday but I volunteered some overtime on Sunday so I'm not going to get a full weekend. Bummer!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn F said...

I'm terrible, but I really enjoy bowling too!

6/09/2007 3:44 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Sounds like a fun night of bowling!

6/09/2007 6:40 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love to bowl with the kids. I use the lightest ball I can find, though. I might do better with a heavier ball!

6/14/2007 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home