Disneyland Part III
In the middle of my report here about Disneyland. If you want to read from the beginning, links are here. :)
Part I
Part II
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Aladdin & the Sun Wheel
Saturday, we ran out of clothes and baby formula. Instead of doing laundry at the Disneyland Hotel (I had read somewhere that there were limited washers/dryers), I decided we could go to a nearby laundromat and get the laundry done faster. Also, we could stop at a store to get the baby formula. We stopped at Food For Less on Katella for the formula and found a Coin-Op Laundromat close by. The laundry took about an hour or so and the kids entertained themselves playing in the parking lot. LOL!
After taking the laundry back to the hotel, we headed out for another day at Disneyland. We started out in Downtown Disneyland and made some purchases at the Lego store. The kids had been begging since we first saw it. Also, took some pictures of yet more Lego cool stuff. :) The parks were a little busier since it was a Saturday. We were hungry so we went to the Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland for some skewers. I liked the beef skewers over the chicken ones. Also, we bought a Mickey Pretzel and some Tigger Tails (breadsticks). Since it was busy and hot, we decided to go to Big Thunder Ranch and the kids got to pet some animals. I wanted to do Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but the line was pretty long and I wasn’t even sure where the entrance was. LOL!

We went over to California Adventure at that point as the heat was killing us and California Adventure just seemed less hot. We went to the Aladdin show first. I forgot that I had priority seating tickets so we waited in line for awhile with a ton of other people. The show was really great, though (and the air conditioning)! We couldn’t stay for the whole thing because the baby started fussing but I definitely would love to see it again in its entirety.
We were hungry again so we went and had an early dinner at Taste Pilot’s Grill. Ordering from the touch screens was neat but it was kind of hard to get access to a touch screen. The food was pretty good and I liked that you could add your own toppings from the topping bar.
We then went to A Bug’s Land to get some kind of ride fix. First up was Tuck and Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies. The line took forever but it was a cute bumper cars style ride. Next, we did Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train. This one was kind of boring but it gave Kurt something to annoyingly repeat for the next week… “Mmmmm… candy corn! My favorite! Here we go!!!” LOL! We then went to the Princess Dot Puddle Park and everyone cooled off. The last ride we did here was Francis Ladybug Boogie. Much like the teacups but not quite as fun. The wait for this ride was ridiculously long. A Bug's Land was a cute area and I'm glad we spent a little time there even though the line waiting was pretty crazy... especially for rides of this type.

We headed over to the Games of the Boardwalk and had a good time playing skeet ball and some other carnival type games. The kids got a little frustrated as they weren’t very good at the games. Sore losers! :p I kept eyeing the Screamin’ roller coaster but couldn’t bring myself to do it… especially seeing it up so close. I was in awe everytime I looked up. Instead, we went on the Sun Wheel. We went on a non-swinging cage, thankyouverymuch. LOL! Orion was afraid at first but after he realized that it was slow, he eased up a bit. It was pretty cool riding this at night.
Tired, we went back to the hotel and rested up. I thought it was just as windy as yesterday so thought there was a likely chance that the fireworks show would be cancelled again and did not want to camp out in front of the castle for over an hour and then end up having it cancelled… but what if?!? Unfortunately, the kids were falling asleep. My fireworks show would be missed. We decided to try to watch the fireworks from the pool area on the third floor. However, the fireworks show wasn’t cancelled that night. It was a nice view from the hotel but I wish I could have seen the lights show and the castle. The sound was piped in late so we didn’t hear much until about halfway through. I was a little sad that we weren’t down in the park but there’s always next time! We headed back to our room and I ordered some room service for dinner and we all passed out from exhaustion.

Sunday, May 6, 2007
Lilo & Stitch Breakfast and Huntington Beach or Bust
Sunday, we decided we’d take a break from the parks and go to a character breakfast instead. I had heard great things about the PCH Lilo & Stitch and since it was right there in the hotel, that’s where we went. We apparently weren’t hungry enough to make the buffet worth the price but the food was really good and there were lots of characters. We should have ordered the a la carte for the kids at least because they only ate a little bit… they were so caught up in seeing the characters. Minnie and Stitch taught the kids a little dance during the breakfast and Gia had fun with that. We got photos with Lilo, Stitch and Daisy Duck. We also saw Minnie and caught a peek of Pluto. It was very casual and a much needed break.

Afterwards, we got in the rental car and drove to Huntington Beach. It was pretty nice out but there was a breeze. The water was still cold, as well. We sat down by the shore and then realized that we didn’t bring any baby bottles. Oops! We let the kids play for a little while in the sand and then decided to pack it up and go back to the hotel. I think we just weren’t in the beach-y mood enough to enjoy this and it didn’t help that the baby was a little fussy from being hungry. I really would have enjoyed it more but I think it was too early for everyone.
It was hot outside again so I took the kids to the water slide at the hotel for the first time. They totally loved it! The kiddie pool was extremely shallow. I think it was a foot deep. They still enjoyed playing in that, too, though. I put my feet in and let Marissa splash her feet in there, too. It must have been in the 90’s! The hottest it gets in interior Alaska is like the high 70’s so I couldn’t take the heat after about an hour. LOL! I felt like my skin was scorching. I really couldn’t imagine coming to Disneyland during the hotter times of the year. I’m glad we went in early May and next time, I think we’ll plan an even “cooler” time of year.
We went back to our room and got dressed and went to Downtown Disneyland for dinner. I wanted to go to the Rainforest Café but there was a huge walk-in line. We heard someone say that it was an hour wait AFTER you got to the front to get your name on the list. We went to ESPN Zone instead. We were told it was about a 20 minute wait and to go ahead upstairs to the games and wait for our page. By the time we started a game of air hockey, the pager went off. I took the baby downstairs and went to our table. Kurt and the kids came down about 5 minutes later. The food was pretty good… your standard sports bar fare. Afterward, I went and did some shopping with the baby while Kurt and the kids played more games at ESPN Zone to use up the credit on the game card I bought.
Back at the hotel, we got to watch the Electrical Light Parade from the window in our room. I had no idea it was such a long parade! I hope to see it up close in the future. The kids were tired so Kurt went down to the pool area by himself to watch the fireworks show again. They piped in all of the sound this time. I was asleep before he got back to the room.
Next: Last day at the parks...
Part IV
Part I
Part II
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Aladdin & the Sun Wheel
Saturday, we ran out of clothes and baby formula. Instead of doing laundry at the Disneyland Hotel (I had read somewhere that there were limited washers/dryers), I decided we could go to a nearby laundromat and get the laundry done faster. Also, we could stop at a store to get the baby formula. We stopped at Food For Less on Katella for the formula and found a Coin-Op Laundromat close by. The laundry took about an hour or so and the kids entertained themselves playing in the parking lot. LOL!
After taking the laundry back to the hotel, we headed out for another day at Disneyland. We started out in Downtown Disneyland and made some purchases at the Lego store. The kids had been begging since we first saw it. Also, took some pictures of yet more Lego cool stuff. :) The parks were a little busier since it was a Saturday. We were hungry so we went to the Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland for some skewers. I liked the beef skewers over the chicken ones. Also, we bought a Mickey Pretzel and some Tigger Tails (breadsticks). Since it was busy and hot, we decided to go to Big Thunder Ranch and the kids got to pet some animals. I wanted to do Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but the line was pretty long and I wasn’t even sure where the entrance was. LOL!

We went over to California Adventure at that point as the heat was killing us and California Adventure just seemed less hot. We went to the Aladdin show first. I forgot that I had priority seating tickets so we waited in line for awhile with a ton of other people. The show was really great, though (and the air conditioning)! We couldn’t stay for the whole thing because the baby started fussing but I definitely would love to see it again in its entirety.
We were hungry again so we went and had an early dinner at Taste Pilot’s Grill. Ordering from the touch screens was neat but it was kind of hard to get access to a touch screen. The food was pretty good and I liked that you could add your own toppings from the topping bar.
We then went to A Bug’s Land to get some kind of ride fix. First up was Tuck and Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies. The line took forever but it was a cute bumper cars style ride. Next, we did Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train. This one was kind of boring but it gave Kurt something to annoyingly repeat for the next week… “Mmmmm… candy corn! My favorite! Here we go!!!” LOL! We then went to the Princess Dot Puddle Park and everyone cooled off. The last ride we did here was Francis Ladybug Boogie. Much like the teacups but not quite as fun. The wait for this ride was ridiculously long. A Bug's Land was a cute area and I'm glad we spent a little time there even though the line waiting was pretty crazy... especially for rides of this type.

We headed over to the Games of the Boardwalk and had a good time playing skeet ball and some other carnival type games. The kids got a little frustrated as they weren’t very good at the games. Sore losers! :p I kept eyeing the Screamin’ roller coaster but couldn’t bring myself to do it… especially seeing it up so close. I was in awe everytime I looked up. Instead, we went on the Sun Wheel. We went on a non-swinging cage, thankyouverymuch. LOL! Orion was afraid at first but after he realized that it was slow, he eased up a bit. It was pretty cool riding this at night.
Tired, we went back to the hotel and rested up. I thought it was just as windy as yesterday so thought there was a likely chance that the fireworks show would be cancelled again and did not want to camp out in front of the castle for over an hour and then end up having it cancelled… but what if?!? Unfortunately, the kids were falling asleep. My fireworks show would be missed. We decided to try to watch the fireworks from the pool area on the third floor. However, the fireworks show wasn’t cancelled that night. It was a nice view from the hotel but I wish I could have seen the lights show and the castle. The sound was piped in late so we didn’t hear much until about halfway through. I was a little sad that we weren’t down in the park but there’s always next time! We headed back to our room and I ordered some room service for dinner and we all passed out from exhaustion.

Sunday, May 6, 2007
Lilo & Stitch Breakfast and Huntington Beach or Bust
Sunday, we decided we’d take a break from the parks and go to a character breakfast instead. I had heard great things about the PCH Lilo & Stitch and since it was right there in the hotel, that’s where we went. We apparently weren’t hungry enough to make the buffet worth the price but the food was really good and there were lots of characters. We should have ordered the a la carte for the kids at least because they only ate a little bit… they were so caught up in seeing the characters. Minnie and Stitch taught the kids a little dance during the breakfast and Gia had fun with that. We got photos with Lilo, Stitch and Daisy Duck. We also saw Minnie and caught a peek of Pluto. It was very casual and a much needed break.

Afterwards, we got in the rental car and drove to Huntington Beach. It was pretty nice out but there was a breeze. The water was still cold, as well. We sat down by the shore and then realized that we didn’t bring any baby bottles. Oops! We let the kids play for a little while in the sand and then decided to pack it up and go back to the hotel. I think we just weren’t in the beach-y mood enough to enjoy this and it didn’t help that the baby was a little fussy from being hungry. I really would have enjoyed it more but I think it was too early for everyone.
It was hot outside again so I took the kids to the water slide at the hotel for the first time. They totally loved it! The kiddie pool was extremely shallow. I think it was a foot deep. They still enjoyed playing in that, too, though. I put my feet in and let Marissa splash her feet in there, too. It must have been in the 90’s! The hottest it gets in interior Alaska is like the high 70’s so I couldn’t take the heat after about an hour. LOL! I felt like my skin was scorching. I really couldn’t imagine coming to Disneyland during the hotter times of the year. I’m glad we went in early May and next time, I think we’ll plan an even “cooler” time of year.
We went back to our room and got dressed and went to Downtown Disneyland for dinner. I wanted to go to the Rainforest Café but there was a huge walk-in line. We heard someone say that it was an hour wait AFTER you got to the front to get your name on the list. We went to ESPN Zone instead. We were told it was about a 20 minute wait and to go ahead upstairs to the games and wait for our page. By the time we started a game of air hockey, the pager went off. I took the baby downstairs and went to our table. Kurt and the kids came down about 5 minutes later. The food was pretty good… your standard sports bar fare. Afterward, I went and did some shopping with the baby while Kurt and the kids played more games at ESPN Zone to use up the credit on the game card I bought.
Back at the hotel, we got to watch the Electrical Light Parade from the window in our room. I had no idea it was such a long parade! I hope to see it up close in the future. The kids were tired so Kurt went down to the pool area by himself to watch the fireworks show again. They piped in all of the sound this time. I was asleep before he got back to the room.
Next: Last day at the parks...
Part IV




1 Comments:
It sounds like you had such a great trip....
Post a Comment
<< Home