Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer Life

Now that the Disneyland dissertation is done, I can start blogging again. LOL!

Well, summer is here and it's time to slow down. :) I have been having a hard time going to sleep at night because of all the daylight and the FREAKING chirping birds. Nothing like hearing birds chirp all freaking night long. LOL... 2 am, 3 am, 4 am... do they sleep? I've only been sleeping for about 3 or 4 hours a night and it's taking a toll on me. I might have to cover the windows in tin foil to block the light if I don't start falling asleep!

Even though I can't sleep, I can't muster any energy up either, lately. I get home from work about 5:30 or so and am so tired because the area of our office that work in is like 80 some degrees all day long. I have fans on me but it doesn't help because there's no air movement. It's so stale. Our cheap AC stand up units aren't doing the trick at all. Anyway, I get home and make some dinner for the kids, etc. and i'm just all burned out. It's hot in the upstairs part of our house, too. That's where we hang out mostly but I am thinking of moving the couches and tv downstairs where it's a good 15 degrees cooler. Can't afford any air conditioning right now although I saw one at Walmart for like $300 something.

So what do i do with all this daylight... beautiful missed daylight... all night long? I've been hooked watching the Nip Tuck series. LOL! Man, that show is so gross I can't believe I watch it but dang... it's an addicting little soap. I'm in the middle of season 2. Twisted stuff but interesting. I close my eyes during the surgeries. Can't do all that bleeding and cutting.

The kids are restless already this summer. I am thinking we need to get involved with something because they are getting into trouble everyday. I keep catching Orion on the roof and I even caught him up there with a friend the other day! Just what I need... an 8 year old with a broken neck and a lawsuit because the friend broke their neck, too. Grrr! He's been grounded all week which doesn't help the restlessness but I am not allowing him to do whatever he thinks he wants to do!

Ok, I can't take the heat from the laptop anymore. Time to call it quits for computer time. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

I like Nip/Tuck, too, but I'd like to go back and watch it from the beginning. I'm lost whenever I see an episode. Sick series and I love it. :) And kids will definitely be kids. I bet Shona would be on our roof in a heartbeat if she could get up there.

6/04/2007 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home