JULY!
... July! Where did May and June go? I can't believe it's already July. Sorry about the slacking on the blogging. I've just been busy (my usual excuse, eh? LOL) But for real... I have been!!!
Let's see. What's been going on? I've been working A LOT. So I got myself a tiny raise but they took me off as an hourly employee and put me down as salary.
The puppies are getting big. They're 5 weeks old now so it won't be long until I can start unloading them. muhahahaa! ;) I've been trying not to coddle them too much because it's tough when you get attached and then have to let them go. Definitely already have my favorites but they're all so stinkin' cute.
Marissa survived a visit to the eye doctor. She had signs of strabismus (sp?) like Orion had as a toddler. Orion ended up getting surgery on his eyes when he was about 2 1/2 due to the left eye not working as hard as the other. Marissa has the same thing going on with her left eye and so the doctor prescribed drops for the right eye. The drops will make her eyesight worse on the right in order to force her to use her left more. It would be nice to just do the drops for 5 -6 weeks and then have it be corrected but I'm pretty doubtful that it will resolve things. Orion wore glasses and a patch over his good eye for like 8 months I think and it didn't do a danged thing. Who knows, though. Oh yeah... even though Marissa wouldn't look at the doctor or let him come near her (silly girl hates strangers... actually is afraid of everyone - stranger or not, lol), the doctor was also able to determine she was a little far sighted so he forsees glasses as well. I kinda figured so it wasn't a surprise. I think he wanted to wait on the glasses though - probably because she was so uncooperative.
It was a fairly uneventful 4th of July celebration today. Woke up and just muddled around for awhile doing laundry and steam cleaning carpets. We let the kids and their friends go through the sprinkler. Watched our neighbors set off some firecrackers in the street... they were just the smoky loud ones. I wish we could watch some real fireworks in the summer. It's just not the same watching fireworks on new year's when it's like -20 out. lol - all you can think about is trying to stay warm and after 5 minutes, you gotta run inside to warm up.
It was so hot outside today, though. I like it but I can't take the heat as well as I used to. My arms start getting itchy from all the sun. Poor Kurt has photo-dermatitis... the poor guy breaks out in red, bumpy rashes on his arms and hands if he spends any period of time in the sun.
So, this evening I bbq'ed. Made ribs, italian sausages, and grilled shrimp... lots of protein. I even only had one side dish and it was baked beans, LOL! We had watermelon afterward. And later had a friend over with her kids... and now I'm just chilling here watching cartoons with Orion at 1 a.m. hehe. Getting ready to send him to bed though so I can have some quiet time. Tomorrow, I really want to clean up my scrapping stuff and maybe make a page! I think it's been a few months since I last scrapped again. Ugh... making time for hobbies is too hard lately.
Have a great weekend, all!
Let's see. What's been going on? I've been working A LOT. So I got myself a tiny raise but they took me off as an hourly employee and put me down as salary.
The puppies are getting big. They're 5 weeks old now so it won't be long until I can start unloading them. muhahahaa! ;) I've been trying not to coddle them too much because it's tough when you get attached and then have to let them go. Definitely already have my favorites but they're all so stinkin' cute.
Marissa survived a visit to the eye doctor. She had signs of strabismus (sp?) like Orion had as a toddler. Orion ended up getting surgery on his eyes when he was about 2 1/2 due to the left eye not working as hard as the other. Marissa has the same thing going on with her left eye and so the doctor prescribed drops for the right eye. The drops will make her eyesight worse on the right in order to force her to use her left more. It would be nice to just do the drops for 5 -6 weeks and then have it be corrected but I'm pretty doubtful that it will resolve things. Orion wore glasses and a patch over his good eye for like 8 months I think and it didn't do a danged thing. Who knows, though. Oh yeah... even though Marissa wouldn't look at the doctor or let him come near her (silly girl hates strangers... actually is afraid of everyone - stranger or not, lol), the doctor was also able to determine she was a little far sighted so he forsees glasses as well. I kinda figured so it wasn't a surprise. I think he wanted to wait on the glasses though - probably because she was so uncooperative.
It was a fairly uneventful 4th of July celebration today. Woke up and just muddled around for awhile doing laundry and steam cleaning carpets. We let the kids and their friends go through the sprinkler. Watched our neighbors set off some firecrackers in the street... they were just the smoky loud ones. I wish we could watch some real fireworks in the summer. It's just not the same watching fireworks on new year's when it's like -20 out. lol - all you can think about is trying to stay warm and after 5 minutes, you gotta run inside to warm up.
It was so hot outside today, though. I like it but I can't take the heat as well as I used to. My arms start getting itchy from all the sun. Poor Kurt has photo-dermatitis... the poor guy breaks out in red, bumpy rashes on his arms and hands if he spends any period of time in the sun.
So, this evening I bbq'ed. Made ribs, italian sausages, and grilled shrimp... lots of protein. I even only had one side dish and it was baked beans, LOL! We had watermelon afterward. And later had a friend over with her kids... and now I'm just chilling here watching cartoons with Orion at 1 a.m. hehe. Getting ready to send him to bed though so I can have some quiet time. Tomorrow, I really want to clean up my scrapping stuff and maybe make a page! I think it's been a few months since I last scrapped again. Ugh... making time for hobbies is too hard lately.
Have a great weekend, all!
5 Comments:
It's great catching up on you all! Congrats on your raise! You don't hear much about them these days, especially here in Michigan! These days you're lucky to just have a job.
Any puppy photos to share? I bet they are just adorable. I can understand not wanting to get attached. Any takers on them yet?
Happy 4th of July to you and your family Monica!
Glad to read some new news!! Your DH sure doesn't need to come here it is 100 and has been almost every day since the end of May.
Sounds like you had a "filling" 4th with yummy food!
Congrats on your raise! I'm sure they saw how hard a worker you were. Your BBQ sounds like ours--all meat! LOL I hear you on the lace of scrapping time. I haven't scrapped in a month in a half! I've got to get some of the baby's photos scrapped before I forget all the details. Hope you have a great rest of the summer!
Gosh I can't believe Marissa is old enough for eye appointments. Where does the time go?
Your BBQ sounds yummy. We did nada on the 4th - so you did more than us!
Yahoo on the raise!!! Even better with the lack of paperwork. That makes it alllllll better. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home