Thursday, May 1, 2008

First of May

Holy cow! It's already May!!! I can't believe our weather is still so crummy. At least it's looking more like spring. It snowed more yesterday but I wasn't here to see it. I was down south in Kenai and Soldotna where the weather wasn't fantastic but it wasn't snowing... LOL.

I am so glad to be home and have no upcoming trips to take. I'm pretty exhausted. It's not difficult work but traveling is so tiring. After working a full day on Tuesday, I spent most of the night in airports and planes. Missing luggage required an additional trip to the airport in the middle of the night. Then worked a full day on Wednesday and spent the rest of the night in the airport and planes again. After a 4 hour layover, the pilot didn't come to work I guess so the last flight was delayed another hour. I didn't get home until 2 a.m. this morning. I finally got to bed and went to work this afternoon for a few hours. Promptly came home and napped. LOL! I am now awake doing laundry.

Tomorrow morning I have a 3 hour dentist appointment. Hopefully that will go well and I won't be told I need root canals. I think I'm getting another crown (maybe 2??) Sigh.

Orion was such a sweetie while I was away. He cut out letters that read "Welcome Home" and hung them from the ceiling... he did an awesome job. Kids are amazing sometimes. I had no idea he was capable of such a complex thing like that. Well, it's not like it's so complex but you know what I mean... he did a really nice job on it. The kids also wrapped up some "presents" for me. LOL! They like to waste mom's wrapping paper and tape to wrap things to give me. I got two piggybanks (that we've had for years) and a couple "certificates" (that we've had for years too, probably LOL). They're so sweet. It's the thought that counts. Makes me glad to be a mom and makes me forget about all of the "bad" stuff.

Kurt is also a sweetie. When I called him from the aiport he said he had the house all cleaned and laundry started. He even made the bed and changed the sheets! SWEET! LOL... nothing like coming home exhausted to your own bed with clean SHEETS! Ahhhh... the simple things in life. You have to know that Kurt has never changed the sheets without me asking him (but only asking him to help me change them). Score.

I'm going to be resting up for the weekend methinks. I really need to do a lot of things but I'm not going to make lofty goals or anything. I just want to enjoy some time relaxing. Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home