Saturday, April 7, 2007

pre-easter...

I'm tired! For some reason I decided to wake up at 3 am this morning. I fell asleep again at 6 am but got up at 9. I've been out and about running around all day. I have come to kind of hate the weekends. I try to get all of the stuff done that I can't do during the week and it pretty much shoots the whole freaking weekend. I go to work on Mondays kicking myself in the @$$. Why didn't I take a day to relax or do something more enjoyable? Ahhh well. Summer is coming and this usually makes it easier to get stuff done in the evenings after work. I feel a little less inundated if I can just throw the kids in the car and go run around. At least I don't have to outfit them in their winter gear, argue with them about where their hat is, etc. Just throw some flip flops at them and say "Get in the car!" LOL

Can't believe it was 52 degrees today!!! It was so nice! The snow is melting really fast and on Friday I couldn't get my car up my driveway because the snow was all slushy. I just left it, though... didn't care that it was practically in the street. hehehe. Today I got a running start and gunned it all the way up no problem. The back end was going crazy and I practically crashed through the garage door... but I made it! I am guessing that the snow will be pretty much gone in about 3 weeks if this weather keeps up. Then we'll get to see the depressing brown grass and all the trash that was buried under snow all winter. I ain't complaining, though!

Trip to California can't come soon enough. 23 more days until I see the Disney characters for the first time in my life. 23 more days until my kids experience a wonderful vacation that will create memories forever (hopefully good ones, LOL). I'm still a little nervous about Kurt going. He can be the funnest guy but when he is stressed out or feels crowded, he gets cranky. I bought a Donald Duck t-shirt that says "I *heart* Cranky Boys." He just doesn't have the tools to stay calm, cool, collected. I am one that can get pretty tempermental but when I'm somewhere where my main goal *IS* to have fun/enjoy myself, I go out of my way to make the most of it and let stuff roll off my back. I so wish he was more like me in that respect. He's not uptight but if pushed in the wrong direction, he blows up a little easier than I.
I guess I can only hope for the best.

Easter tomorrow and I'm not prepared. Ugh! Good thing it's one of the final holidays for awhile. I need a holiday break. I think I might just have to start cutting some holidays out completely. LOL... maybe Valentine's Day, Easter and July 4th. Ok, some might not be happy without Easter but I'm not much of a religious person. We spend the day coloring easter eggs, doing the egg hunt and eating candy until we're sick. Fun, but not really quite what the holiday is all about.

Ok, I think I've blabbed on long enough. I'm sleepy in the body but my mind is racing. Weeee!

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Say Julie said...

Have a wonderful time at Disney!!

I haven't seen or heard of Jesus Camp....I'll have to check that out. I think that many times 'organized religion' can have a real political tone....it becomes more of a business imho. But the part of religion that I always crave is the relationship and the hope.

And your Orion story is pretty funny!
Happy Easter!

4/08/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

23 days!!! (20 now) Where does that show my priorities are? ;) You are going to have so much fun Monica. As for Kurt, give him the benefit of the doubt. Chris is kind of short fused & when we went out east he was totally different than I expected him to be - very calm. Hopefully when he sees all of you having fun he'll blow things off and enjoy.
Cute story about Orion. Had to LOL at that one.
How's that camera working?

4/10/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Carolyn F said...

Disney sounds like so much fun! I laughed about Orion -- you just never know what they'll say...

4/10/2007 4:37 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

You've got to watch what those kids say! :) As for religion, like Catherine, it's been my support during some bad times, and what's great about religion is that it can be many things to many people. Good luck with Kurt and Disney--it's getting so close!

4/11/2007 6:29 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Woo hoo, you blogged! I love catching up on your crazy life. I'm the exact same way about religion. I am fortunate that it was never shoved down my throat as a kid and I was allowed to explore it when I got older. I discovered organized religion has no place in my world, but I respect others who find comfort in it and I do have my beliefs, but for some reason those who are in organized religions confuse discussing beliefs with changing mine, and so I no longer discuss it at all. I let Katy go to churches with her friends and already I see her questioning their teachings. "Mom, they're SO homophobic!" That's my girl. If it makes you feel better, I spent Easter moving boxes into a storage shed. Day well spent. ;)

4/14/2007 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home