I just got shocked...
by my power cord on my laptop. LOL! I was blowing on it because it wasn't connecting to charge and I accidentally stuck my tongue on it and got a little electrical jolt. hehee
What a day! The morning started off with a.... HURL! Kurt was hurling all morning. Not good since today was the swimming birthday party. I urged him to stay home and rest but he insisted he wasn't leaving me high and dry. I said a silent prayer... "yessss...." and then we all proceded to get ready for the day. Showers were had by all. Orion went last and so by this time, the bathroom was a bit steamy and hot. After being in there for about 10 minutes, Kurt had gone in to brush his teeth or something. Orion peeks out the curtain and says, "I don't feel good, I can't breathe." Kurt tells him it's because he didn't turn the fan on and as he goes to do that, Orion faints and falls down. He almost fell into the door. I flipped when I heard the crash and Kurt was asking if he was okay. Just the tone in his voice made me jump up and knock everything over to get to the bathroom. He was only out for like a second but it was SCARY for me! He said he felt weak and had a headache and didn't want to go to his own party. I convinced him that he would feel better if he drank something and also got him a piece of jelly toast. We put a birthday candle on the toast to put him in the "mood." He was still a bit reluctant and even an hour or more later, refused to go back into the bathroom to brush his teeth. LOL... but we managed to get everything together and leave the house. We got to the pool and as I was checking in, the guy asks me how old Gia is. I say 6 and he points to a sign that says that anyone 6 and under had to have an adult in the pool with them. CRAP! I read the rules when we paid the deposit but I read it as UNDER 6 and not 6 and under. Kurt had not planned on swimming because of the puking and I certainly hadn't brought a suit either. The guy offered Kurt a pair of extra shorts but Kurt was in no shape to be swimming. I tried asking a few people to come and get in the pool so Gia could swim but nobody could come do it. Finally, Kurt agreed to go and so he saved her day. She REALLY wanted to go swimming (in her words)! I felt badly about sending him in but his DayQuil must've kicked in 5 minutes into it as he was having a good time and smiling while they splashed around. A sigh of RELIEF from me. I was kind of glad he got in because he is a water guy... he was asked to be on the high school swim team but he had to say no because he was determined not to wear speedos. LOL! He hasn't really swam since high school but still looks good in the water. :P He was also glad that the borrowed shorts weren't speedos. Ha! He totally would've refused if they were.
Anyway, party done and everyone had a good day aside from the early health scares. I got nothing else accomplished really but I never truly expect to on days like this. Feeling the twinge in my throat and stuffy nose. It's inevitable. Gia has been sick since the pink-eye and then Kurt with the puking. Orion had a runny nose today. It's my turn to join the sick fan club. I'll survive. Hoping it goes quickly. Time for bed so I can drag the big butt into work tomorrow morning. Yay.
What a day! The morning started off with a.... HURL! Kurt was hurling all morning. Not good since today was the swimming birthday party. I urged him to stay home and rest but he insisted he wasn't leaving me high and dry. I said a silent prayer... "yessss...." and then we all proceded to get ready for the day. Showers were had by all. Orion went last and so by this time, the bathroom was a bit steamy and hot. After being in there for about 10 minutes, Kurt had gone in to brush his teeth or something. Orion peeks out the curtain and says, "I don't feel good, I can't breathe." Kurt tells him it's because he didn't turn the fan on and as he goes to do that, Orion faints and falls down. He almost fell into the door. I flipped when I heard the crash and Kurt was asking if he was okay. Just the tone in his voice made me jump up and knock everything over to get to the bathroom. He was only out for like a second but it was SCARY for me! He said he felt weak and had a headache and didn't want to go to his own party. I convinced him that he would feel better if he drank something and also got him a piece of jelly toast. We put a birthday candle on the toast to put him in the "mood." He was still a bit reluctant and even an hour or more later, refused to go back into the bathroom to brush his teeth. LOL... but we managed to get everything together and leave the house. We got to the pool and as I was checking in, the guy asks me how old Gia is. I say 6 and he points to a sign that says that anyone 6 and under had to have an adult in the pool with them. CRAP! I read the rules when we paid the deposit but I read it as UNDER 6 and not 6 and under. Kurt had not planned on swimming because of the puking and I certainly hadn't brought a suit either. The guy offered Kurt a pair of extra shorts but Kurt was in no shape to be swimming. I tried asking a few people to come and get in the pool so Gia could swim but nobody could come do it. Finally, Kurt agreed to go and so he saved her day. She REALLY wanted to go swimming (in her words)! I felt badly about sending him in but his DayQuil must've kicked in 5 minutes into it as he was having a good time and smiling while they splashed around. A sigh of RELIEF from me. I was kind of glad he got in because he is a water guy... he was asked to be on the high school swim team but he had to say no because he was determined not to wear speedos. LOL! He hasn't really swam since high school but still looks good in the water. :P He was also glad that the borrowed shorts weren't speedos. Ha! He totally would've refused if they were.
Anyway, party done and everyone had a good day aside from the early health scares. I got nothing else accomplished really but I never truly expect to on days like this. Feeling the twinge in my throat and stuffy nose. It's inevitable. Gia has been sick since the pink-eye and then Kurt with the puking. Orion had a runny nose today. It's my turn to join the sick fan club. I'll survive. Hoping it goes quickly. Time for bed so I can drag the big butt into work tomorrow morning. Yay.




1 Comments:
Glad that everything worked out. How scary about Orion fainting. Hope you didn't get too sick.
Post a Comment
<< Home