Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Late night

Lots accomplished today. I am tired but I don't know why I'm not in bed yet. Oh yeah, my cough is acting up and I'm waiting for the nyquil to kick in.

We are recording a screen/voice tutorial at work and have that almost complete. Thank goodness it's not my voice (I'm doing the screen work) because I feel pretty horse still and my voice is squeakier than my car door that needs some WD-40 or whatever that squeaky stuff is called. hehe. During one take, I felt a cough coming on and I was trying my darndest not to cough by telling myself "don't do it, don't cough..." and then I lost it. I started giggling to myself that I was talking in my head like that was going to stop it by saying this stuff. I don't know why it was so funny to me but might've had something to do with it being like 4:30/end of the day giggles. You had to be there I guess. LOL - Of course, I ruined the thing because when I started coughing/laughing, Shirley "Golden Voice" started laughing, too and we had to start over.

During lunch, I ran over to the rental car place to pick up a rental since Kurt's rig is still a big ol' question mark. It's a Subaru Impreza and although it handles nicely being AWD, it's the grocery-getter from hell! LOL, I decided to take the blow and drive it rather than make Kurt feel demasculated. @@ He's going to drive my car. It's nothing to gawk at either - Grand Am - but it looks a lot better than this rental Subaru! Not quite embarassed driving it but just about... feels like i'm driving a wood panelled station wagon. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, it's just not ME and I've never driven something quite this ugly. Trust me, I've driven some GHETTO cars but nothing like this. I'm not even sure who would want to buy a car this ugly. LOL

No word on the Durango. Kurt got the runaround from the body shop today on the phone. Oh well, maybe we'll hear back tomorrow.

Orion apparently got sent to the principal's office today. He got warned for talking in class and he must have kept on. Kurt got the call and he said Orion was crying so I guess he learned his lesson. Kurt told him he had to apologize to the teacher, the class and the principal for wasting all of their time. I had a good conversation with him tonight when I got home. Hopefully, that's the last we'll hear from the principal about that.

Tonight we ordered in dinner. Chinese. I eat a lot of take out Chinese at work (like once every couple weeks) but we hardly ever get it at home. It was a nice change of pace for once. Something other than McDonalds or Carl's Jr! Not feeling like cooking lately. I seem to go in spurts. One week I'm making pot roasts, steaks, chili, and all sorts and another week I can barely drag myself into the kitchen to make a sandwich. This week seems to be eat out week.

I polished off some scraps tonight and made 9 cards. I really enjoy making cards but I never actually use them. It sucks. I just give them away so someone else can have fun with them. I don't know why but I never think to give cards out. At least the scraps are gone and I don't have to feel bad about hoarding paper scraps, though. Yay.

I better get to sleep. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. I think it's just a cleaning. I would rather get dental work done than get my teeth cleaned. It doesn't hurt or anything as the hygenist is really good and gentle but I usually get the talking to every time I go. Talking to's about quitting my Dr. Pepper habit. Talking to's about flossing more often. I realize that's her job and all and I truly do appreciate the kick in the ass but it always makes me feel bad about myself afterward... Know what I mean? It's not her fault I feel like that because really - I should be doing the things she says but it's just one of those things you just don't want to hear about most of the time. "Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know," but I never change.

Have a good Wednesday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

You should floss more often. Wait, sorry, I guess you don't want to hear that! ;) I'm really good right after I see the dentist and then it tapers off. Same thing with speeding and tickets--heehee! :)

3/04/2008 7:20 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I get the talking to too, so you aren't alone. I think my dentist has finally decided he's talking to a brick wall :) Hope you are feeling better soon.

3/07/2008 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home