It's here! 2007!
Well, a new year, a new me.... LOL, not really but a girl can dream. I tried not to pressure myself too much this time with resolutions because I seem to never resolve anything. I am continuing to try some of the goals I've been working on for a lifetime it seems. ;-) I don't take myself too seriously so really, these are things that I am going to continue to strive for over the next year and thensome I'm sure.
1. Lose weight and take better care of myself.
2. Quit smoking
3. Quit caffeine
4. Spend more QT with the family
5. Stress less at work
6. Learn something new
7. Spend less money
Last night, we just hung out as a family and ran outside at midnight to check out fireworks. Not much since they started them at 8 pm and i'm guessing everyone ran out by midnight, LOL. Came inside and then had deep conversation with dh until 5 am. I love that... it's like catch up time for the past few months.
Anyway, I ran outside with my camera and my brand new flash and since i still don't know how to work it, i didn't really get any great shots. boohoo. Next year... next year i will. I LOVE my new flash. It is so worth every penny. I can't believe how awesome it works in my house. I have always had really bad lighting so my pictures sometimes suck because of the shadows... but this thing is the BOMB! LOL, sounds so silly to get excited about but honestly, the difference is amazing. I will have to post some before/after type photos just to show this thing off. If you have a Canon, you should check this baby out - Canon Speedlite 580EX Flash. I am astounded by the difference it makes for indoor shots. Thank you thank you thank you, Santa!
Blog Challenge from Annette @ ScrapAddict.com
2007 is here. What do you want to accomplish for YOURSELF this year? What are you goals or dreams? What are you most looking forward to? Give us a prediction of how you see your life going in 07.
I foresee great things happening in 2007. A lot about me has changed in the past few years but truly, after having baby #3, I think I have changed even more. It's strange to say but it's like I have more of a grip on what life's truly all about. I don't have all the answers but the things I learned in 2006 are starting to really open up more doors for me.
Family life: I am really looking forward to spending more quality time with the kids and Kurt. I want to start scheduling in a family day when we're both off of work... like once a month. Whether we leave the house or not, I think this will be so fun. Maybe we'll go to the movies or swimming or just stay in and play a board game. We need this as a family to keep us close because we all have such opposite schedules.
Work life: I have come to the realization that I can't always do everything. I continue to try to but this year, I am not going to let work rule my life. It almost drove me to the brink of insanity last year. Not doing that again. I won't allow it. I will more than likely be in the same position for the next 10 years if I stay at this job so there's no need for me to feel like I must overachieve.
Personally: I truly need to keep working at taking better care of myself. First of all, I need to drop this extra 50 pounds. It is affecting me a great deal in so many areas... physically and mentally. I will keep playing the Biggest Loser game at work no matter if I don't "win". Losing weight or not gaining weight is a victory in itself. Also, with three kids, i don't seem to ever find time to just take care of myself. I want to start trying to do that more... you know... like making time to put on a facial mask or destress. I seem to always just be in a hurry to get going. And I look like it, too. I am going to keep going to the salon every other week to get my eyebrows done. Karen got me a g/c to go tanning. I need to because i'm so pale... and it relaxes me and makes me feel better about myself. Having no daylight for the winter tends to get me in a really bad funk. I don't want to feel depressed this year. I realize tanning is not good for you but the damage it does on my skin is worth it... I need the light. I don't care if it is UV fake! LOL! If I can accomplish taking better care of myself, I think everything else will eventually start to fall into place --- the other big or little goals like quitting smoking, ditching the dr. pepper, etc. Lofty goals but I have the rest of my life to do this, right? ;)
Ok, I am exhausted today and need to go get off the computer so i can get a few things done. Happy New Year!
1 Comments:
You've got some great things going there Monica! I feel the same way - if I keep it in my head maybe eventually it will all work out.
I love how relaxing it is to tan!! It's one place I can totally relax. Enjoy it!
Post a Comment
<< Home