Monday, July 10, 2006


Finally have made time lately to do scrapping but feel totally out of it. I suck!

I need to take more photos. Seems like I can never get the kids all clean at once or the baby in a good mood (or awake) at the same time the other two are clean. I need some kind of miracle to happen here. LOL

Did a layout a few nights ago and wanted to remember the journaling so I'm posting it here for posterity.

Just some things I love about being Gia's mom.
10. Because you draw me pictures all day long... and the pictures drawn of me, make me look kind of thin (with stick-like legs, even!).
9. Because you made me fall in love with Care Bears & Hello Kitty all over again.
8. Because you think you're cool when you dress like me. That won't last long...
7. Because you are smart and funny... and genetics has to play into it a little bit, right?
6. Because you say "Mommy" like fifty-bajillion times a day. Even when I'm talking to you for an extended period of time, you begin every sentence with, "Mommy..."
5. Because when I look at you, I see a little bit me and a little bit Daddy.
4. Because you hug so sincerely... you squeeze me really tight... and you kiss me out of the blue.
3. Because I know you do everything with good intentions. It may seem, at first, like getting that glitter all over the house was an intentional act of defiance... but then I later found the glittery "I love you, Mommy" card you made for me.
2. Because you've said, "You're the best mommy in the whole world!" to me a few times... and I actually almost really felt like it might be true... okay, maybe I'm just one-of-the-best.
1. Because you're you.


And, haven't done a matching layout for Orion but so I don't lose the journaling, I am posting it here.
10. Because you're always right at my heels to just hang out. That makes me feel good. I know in a few years, you'll be running away as fast as you can.
9. Because you are always such a good helper. You help me bring groceries in from the car,
fetch me things like diapers and Dr. Peppers, feed the dog, take out trash, and lots of other
stuff to help out such a ragged old mom.
8. Because you are so smart (and even smarter than me sometimes – eh, Mr. Smartypants?)
7. Because you have the funniest laugh. I love it.
6. Because you are my first-born and taught me so much about being a mom.
5. Because you are such a good cook. I am lucky that you actually like making peanut butter &
jelly sandwiches or corndogs. It's a HUGE help to me on busy days.
4. Because you provide me with a good excuse to watch cartoons like Peanuts, the Simpsons and Teen Titans. (You think I'm working on my laptop and not watching, huh?)
3. Because I know you are very capable and I don't have to worry about you too much... even though I know I sometimes treat you like you're still little. I can't help it. J
2. Because you make me feel appreciated when you get excited over the littlest details.
1. Because you're you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home