Another pointless holiday...
*sigh* I swear that I try not to even get my hopes up for Mother's Day, my birthday, anniversary, Valentine's, etc. but it never fails that I end up having a craptastic day because I have some sort of expectation or anticipation... today was no exception.
The wonderful day to honor mothers is a regular day except that I've got that angry-depressed look we have all come to know lately. I have been a mother for 7 years now and this day hasn't always been wretched but let me tell you... it just gets worse and worse every year. Listen to me. I sound like a whiny brat but all i've ever wanted is to get to sleep in till like 9 am and maybe some breakfast... doesn't have to be breakfast in bed, doesn't have to be homemade (donuts, ever heard of those?)... I would even go for like breakfast out of the house but noooooo. Sidenote: I have been asking to go to brunch for like 6 years now -- the last time we went was the day after our wedding day and I still haven't seen any eggs benedict!
Guess that's just life as a mom. I can't blame anyone really... just want to whine a bit.
The wonderful day to honor mothers is a regular day except that I've got that angry-depressed look we have all come to know lately. I have been a mother for 7 years now and this day hasn't always been wretched but let me tell you... it just gets worse and worse every year. Listen to me. I sound like a whiny brat but all i've ever wanted is to get to sleep in till like 9 am and maybe some breakfast... doesn't have to be breakfast in bed, doesn't have to be homemade (donuts, ever heard of those?)... I would even go for like breakfast out of the house but noooooo. Sidenote: I have been asking to go to brunch for like 6 years now -- the last time we went was the day after our wedding day and I still haven't seen any eggs benedict!
Guess that's just life as a mom. I can't blame anyone really... just want to whine a bit.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home